Your Benefits Plan
Feeling Stressed? Need Reliable Advice? Confidential counselling and referral services for you and your family
The Power Sector Benefit Trust trustees are pleased to offer access to Homewood Health EFAP (Employee and Family Assistance Program) as part of your Health and Welfare Benefits Plan. The service offers members and their families' immediate access to a wide range of confidential counseling services available 24/7 over the telephone or 1 on 1. Available to members and their families are guidance, support, and counseling in a number of areas of life that can sometimes feel overwhelming. Each of us has both home life and workplace related issues that we need help with from time to time. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the services offered.
- childcare search - help to find a suitable provider
- caring for an aging parent or ill spouse
- relationship coaching – effective communication for strengthening relationships
- dealing with a major life change – marriage, separation, death of a loved one
- parenting issues - balancing children, relationships and work
- financial counseling – budgeting, debt consolidation & advocacy with creditors
- 24/7 Helpline for teens and parents – talk about problems with school, dating, drug and alcohol abuse or legal problems
- Legal advice – talk to a lawyer about family law, motor vehicle law, and general law
For our members on the front line in the workplace (supervisors, stewards, health and safety representatives) the service provides on-line support in dealing with issues such as how to best approach another member about their problems, advice on managing conflict resolution, strategies for supporting return to workplace accommodation and support for members recovering from substance abuse or mental illness.
Getting in touch:
If you or a family member are looking for immediate assistance you can call the 24 hour toll-free confidential number at:
En francais: 1-866-398-9505 | TTY: 1-888-384-1152
International (Call Collect): 604-689-1717