24/7 Confidential Counselling
(provided by Homewood Health)
As part of the Power Sector Benefit Trust, you have access to 24/7 confidential counselling services, offered over the telephone, and delivered on our behalf by Homewood Health.
Guidance, support, and counselling are available to Members and their families in several life areas that can sometimes feel overwhelming. Each of us has home, life and workplace related issues that we need help with from time to time.
Here are a few areas Homewood can help with:
- Childcare search-help to find a suitable provider
- Caring for an ageing parent or ill spouse
- Relationship coaching–effective communication for strengthening relationships
- Dealing with a significant life change–marriage, separation, death of a loved one
- Parenting issues-balancing children, relationships and work
- Depression Plus
- Financial counselling–budgeting, debt consolidation & advocacy with creditors
- 24/7 Helpline for teens and parents–talk about problems with school, dating, drug and alcohol abuse or legal problems
- Legal advice–speak to a lawyer about family law, motor vehicle law, and general law
- Work and Family Balance–get support figuring out how to manage it all
- Harassment, exposure to violence and trauma
For our Members on the workplace's front line (Supervisors, Workplace Stewards, Workplace Health and Safety Representatives), Homewood provides telephone support to help you deal with issues like those listed below. When you reach the call centre representative, identify yourself as being in a leadership position:
- How to best approach another Member about their problems
- Advice on managing conflict resolution
- Strategies for supporting return-to-workplace accommodations
- Support for Members recovering from substance abuse or mental illness
Need Help Now?
Get in touch for immediate 1-on-1 assistance:
If you or a family member are looking for immediate assistance, call Homewood's 24-hour toll-free, confidential number at:
International (Call Collect):
Access HomeWeb Online Services:
Sign in and visit your [Account Hub](https://www.psbt.ca/group/psbt/account-hub) to access Homewood Health's confidential online services and information portal.